A NEW episode! Topics include: What are the biggest dating lies women tell themselves? Should young people focus on serving God rather than marrying and starting a family? How do I get my husband to stop texting and talking to other women online?
Hi Mark, I just listened to your show that was screening on TBN in South Africa. A 15 year old boy was asking how to get rid of the temptation of masturbation. I have some solid advice from experience and Scripture that works! God is really clear that it is wrong in 1 Kor 6:19. The boy needs to fight this evil spirit as it also took over in my life when I was young and nearly destroyed my marriage. The only way I could break it was to make a firm decision to turn my life around and make God the Rock of my life.
1. Change your thoughts to focus on something good. Phil 4:8 (Meditate on it) – It really works.
Another way is to do decide upfront what you will do next time there is a temptation. Something that will distract your thoughts – Like exercise / gym / swimming
2. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7
3. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands and purify your hearts. James 4:7
4. Recognise every temptation as an attack from the enemy. Every time you resist the temptation you should see as a brick you laid in a temple you are building for God. Recognise your victories and build on it! It makes you stronger.
5. The armour of God in Eff 6 provides a number of tools and defences. To me the belt of truth and the shield of faith was of particular value. I used to carry a small cross in my pocket and put it in my right hand to remind me of the shield that God gives us.
I hope this may be of help. The solution is given to us in Scripture. We need to figure out how to apply it in our lives.